Shorts On Tap presents: DIASPORA - TRAILS OF MIGRATION - A Selection of Short Films & Docs on Wednesday, April 4th at 93 Feet East, Brick Lane, London E1 from 6:30pm.
TICKETS: £4 (online booking), £5 on the door.
'Diaspora' /dʌɪˈasp(ə)rə/ - the dispersion or spread of any people from their original homeland.
A selection of short films and documentaries narrating & depicting the stories of ordinary people, in their journeys to their 'promised land'.
Migration, immigration, adaptability in the 21st century.
Featuring live ACT ONE performances, Q&As with the filmmakers and special guests.
- NATIONAL ANTHEM (09:23) UK, 2017 by Hamza Jeetooa, Natalie Perera, Isabel Steuble-Johnson
- LITTLE REBEL (09:48) USA, 2017 by Aimie Vallat & Guido Ronge
- THE REFUGEE'S SONG (03:30) UK, 2017 by Richard Slater
- CORRIDORS (20:17) Greece, 2017 by Karmit Zilberman, Sara Salomon, Babis Tsoutsas
- PROMISED LAND (04:32) UK, 2016 by Ray Burnside
- FEEL LIKE GOING HOME (31:18) UK/Romania 2017, by Jessica Marina Klein
- TRAIN TO PEACE (09:52) Germany 2016, by Jakob Weyde, Jost Althoff, Haider Abid, Marion Kruse
Shorts On Tap is London's fastest growing short film showcase, join the tribe on April 4.
Doors open at 6:30pm for a pint&networking session and ACT ONE live performance.
Film screenings start at 7:30pm
Q&As until 10:30pm
The screening room is situated at the back of the venue.
Seats are first-come-first-serve